Sunday, July 23, 2006

Finish Line

I MADE IT!...safe and sound.




There wasn't much pageantry to the end of the ride. My last day from Concrete WA to Anacortes was a little over 60 miles. About 20-15 miles before the end there was a lot of pretty scenery. The route took me along the coast where you cold see into the Pacific. The end of the route was at the Anacortes Ferry terminal. As I got closer to the terminal the route turned inland until it went into a small bay area. There wasn't a "TA-DA" moment or even a sign that said "Congrats...You've reached the end". I reached the terminal...Looked around for 2 minutes...Asked a woman to take my picture...Looked around for 2 more minutes...Called my family and friends...Then headed to town.

When I asked the woman to take my picture I said..."I just got done riding my bike across country". She asked me why I wasn't crying or jumping up and down. I told her her I was too tired to jump up and down and that I left all of my tears on the Rockies and the Cascades.

No comments: