Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Clark Fork, Idaho

Heavy legs...I felt tired and sluggish all day. Luckily it was another beautiful ride in Northwest Montana. Today's ride started like yesterday's ride ended...Along the Kootenai River. The river provided more great picture opportunities. I followed the Kootenia along Hwy 2 for about 10 miles and then went on Hwy 56. This stretch lasted 35 miles and the scenery was awesome. The Cabinet Mountains were on both sides of me as I followed Bull Lake and the Bull River. The terrain was gently rolling hills. There were many times when I thought I was going to climb the mountains but the road would twist and turn around each long upward hill.

Hwy 56 ended and I continued on Route 200. This stretch took me along the Cabinet Gorge Reservoir and the Clark Fork River. The sky clouded on this portion and it sprinkled a little here and there but nothing serious. Eight miles west of Clark Fork I crossed the Idaho border and entered Mountain time. I should reach Washington sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Current stats after 46 days:
Route miles complete: 3687
Miles peddled: 3439.75
Miles ahead of schedule: 706.2
Days ahead of schedule: 10.8
Estimated miles to finish: 533

Until next time...Jamie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw the article in the Courier. I live on Gilbertville Rd. and remember you as a young man. I've enjoyed following your trip and wish you the best. I've told others in Elk Run to check on your progress. God be with you Jamie.