Monday, July 31, 2006

Different Planet

Republic to Omak WA






This entry is difficult to convey in pictures and words. The "different planet" title of this entry refers to the extreme landscape change from the "tough pass" day to the following day which these pictures were taken from.

The town of Republic is about halfway up Wauconda Pass. This pass was an easy climb. The scenery is very similar to the landscape experienced on Sherman Pass. About 2 miles into the downhill portion of Wauconda Pass I noticed the landscape and terrain changing. The land became very arid with very few trees. In a matter of 10 miles I felt like I was on a different planet. It was difficult to imagine that the day before I was in a thick green forest.

I ended this day in Omak WA. In Omak I ate dinner at a great restaurant called The Bread Line. If Italian food is your liking...The Bread Line will not disappoint.

No comments: