Sunday, May 01, 2011

Richards - Gay Hill...Day 14

Leaving Mexican Hill Ranch (Checkpoint Harley) before sun up

Courthouse...Anderson, TX


I'm a big fan of these ranch signs. So far I've taken photos of well over 100


The Gay Hill Cycle Club. As I was pedaling up a hill in Gay Hill, TX. I noticed a bunch of vehicles at a house that had bike racks and bicycles attached to them. As I passed the house I heard yells saying "Turn Around!...Come back!" I looked over my shoulder and saw about 10-15 people waving their arms to turn around. I obliged. In the drive way I was greeted with smiles by some of the friendliest people I've ever met. The group belong to The Gay Hill Cycle Club. They had just returned from their Saturday ride. In short...the margaritas were cold, the conversation was great, and the hospitality was grand. Steve and Gail, owners of the house, offered to put me up for the night. After 5 or 6 margaritas...I had no choice.



Gail and Steve have converted their weekend home into a club house of bicyclists.


They even built an outdoor shower. The wooden walk way attaches to their back deck. Very Cool!

The Gay Hill Cycle Club know how to party! One question guys...RAGBRAI 2012?


I ended the day with 50.14 miles pedaled.


Trip Stats

Total Miles Pedaled: 1295.95

Route Miles pedaled: 1299.0

Saddle Time: 87:10'45

Average miles pedaled per day: 92.56

Days ahead of schedule: 2.8

No comments: