Sunday, April 24, 2011

Poplarville, MS - Franklinton, LA...Day 8

~near the border of Mississippi and Louisiana~

I decided to slow down today and smell the roses. As luck would have it, today's route between Poplarville, MS and Franklinton, LA offered countless patches of wild roses. The red and pink blooms offered some welcome color to the day's ride.

I pedaled past several horse farms this morning. So far all 4 states that I've pedaled in have had a plethora of horses, stables, and equestrian facilities.



Below, I wasn't expecting Louisiana to look like this.


I'm looking forward to partaking in Louisiana's famous seafood dishes. The signs at this station reminded me of good meals to come!


I decided to work a half day at the office today. I've been pushing it way to hard and my body began to feel it yesterday. The day ended at the 49.77 mile mark. A good days rest will prepare me for tomorrow's ride of 90 miles to St. Francisville, Louisiana.


Total miles pedaled: 777.38

Saddle time: 58 hours, 5 minutes, 55 seconds

After 8 days in 2006 I ended the day at 559.86 miles

No comments: