Monday, June 26, 2006

DAY OFF

I took day 30 off. Over the last week I had a large "growth" about 6 inches above my left knee. As it increased in mass it became more and more sore. Friday was not good. Although it didn't hurt while I peddled...Walking was another issue. There were times on Friday that I had to hop on one foot into stores or walk with a severe limp to get water or snacks. Saturday morning the "growth" popped and by Saturday night the swelling started to decrease. However, it was a bloody mess. This morning I decided to go to a clinic here in Fargo. I'm glad I did. The "growth" turned out to be a boil. Some people who saw the growth thought it was a spider bit...Some thought it was a gunshot wound! I received two anti-biotic shots in my rear and a prescription of anti-biotics...4 pills a day for seven days. In 2 days I need to call the clinic to get test results of a culture they did from the boil. If they didn't give me the correct anti-biotics for the bacteria that was growing in the boil...I will need to get a new prescription in Minot ND...317 miles away.

All is well. The boil has stopped draining. The swelling is gone as well as the pain. It was nice to relax today. My goal is to be in Minot ND by Friday evening.

Jamie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of that boil. Did they lance it? Boils can be real nasty and get infected easily. Hope you are doing better with it. The day off probably did some good. We are going to Nancy Lake, the "the lake of many fish" for the week of the 4th so will be checking up on you when we return. Keep safe!
Aunt Sandy from Chippewa

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie,

I thought I would leave you a short message. I work with your aunt Sandy and Harlan. Man I am jealous. I wish I could be riding with you. What a dream I hope it all comes true. Someday I hope to do something like that. Take Care

Brent