Monday, May 22, 2006

Weight a Minute!

While planning this trip I had a goal weight of 100 pounds. That would cover my bicycle, trailer, and gear. After weighing everything over the weekend...I'm a little over. Here are the numbers:

handlebar bag = 3 lbs.
2 panniers @ 8 lbs. each = 16 lbs.
trailer w/ 2 extra tires and tarp = 18.5 lbs.
2 trailer bags @ 1 lbs each = 26 lbs.
bicycle, back case, 2 full water bottles, air pump, & bike computer = 39.5 lbs.

The final total comes to 103 lbs. I'm figuring between now and Friday morning I'll manage to add 2 more pounds...so lets make it an even 105 lbs.

About 10 days into the trip my brother will meet up with me somewhere in Kentucky. If needed (I'm sure it will be needed) I can leave some things with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie, We are really proud of you. Please be careful! We love you. MOM & DAD