Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Trailer

I purchased my Burley trailer a few years ago. I purchased it used. A few years back I was planning a week long trip from Sun Prairie to La Crosse to Prairie Du Chen and then back to Sun Prairie. While training for it I placed a picnic basket full of weights, a small grill, and a bowling bowl with case on it. It worked well.

My current set-up is a little more conventional. I'm using 2 water-proof bags that will carry a tent, sleeping bag, pillow, rain gear, and a bunch of other stuff. The bags stay secure by two straps that are attached to the trailer. The trailer is surprisingly lite and rolls very smooth.

In the photo below I have 2 extra tires under the two bags. In a previous picture I had the two tired between the two bags. I still don't how I will carry them. Also note the two red lights I installed. I don't plan on doing a lot of night riding but if I do it's good to be prepared. The lights flash or simply stay illuminated. I've done 2 practice night rides and they work well.

No comments: