Friday, January 07, 2011

THE ROOT RIVER TRAIL ~ MINNESOTA

The towns that link The Root River Trail cater to bicyclists more than any other group of towns on any other trail. You will not go hungry. In fact, one will probably gain a few pounds as independently owned cafes serving ice cream, pie, fudge and other goodies abound the entire length of the trail.

I'm a sucker when it comes to seeing a sign that reads "world famous pies". Did I try the pie? Of course. The apple pie served at this cafe in Whalen was excellent. Unfortunately, my favorite slice of pie is typically the last slice that I've eaten.

The Root River Trail extends 42.3 miles from Houston to Fountain MN. The trail is unique in that it's very curvy and has the most hills/inclines of any rail-trail I've ever pedaled. The trail predominantly runs east/west and hugs The Root River most of the way. These photos were taken over Memorial day Weekend, 2010



www.trainingwheelsnotincluded.blogspot.com

No comments: