Friday, December 12, 2008

Mount Rushmore


Over the past decade Mount Rushmore has made several "Top 10 Most Over-Rated Tourist Attractions of America" lists. I first visited this national monument as a small child. At that time I thought it was pretty cool.

On a recent trip out west I decided to take a side trip to see the carved mountain side as an adult. I literally spent an entire 10 minutes looking at the monument and visiting the gift shop....and I took this picture. Mount Rushmore deserves to be considered as one of the 10 most over-rated tourist attractions in the United States.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It might be over-rated but think how long it took for the work on this monument! It deserves attention and is something "solid" and traditional that we need to keep as a noted icon.