Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"Motor"-bike



Near the end of last summer I was in Kenosha WI for work. While driving around with a co-worker I saw a bicyclist weaving in and out of traffic. Two things struck me. The first being the bicyclist was an older gentleman. The second was that this older gentleman may be the fastest bicyclist I've ever seen. In and out of traffic he went passing cars with ease.
Later in the day when my co-worker and I came back to the hotel I was staying I noticed a bicycle chained to the front porch of the inn. I noticed the bike immediately as the bicycle I witnessed breaking speed records in downtown Kenosha earlier in the afternoon.
As I approached the bicycle to check it out I immediately noticed its secret...it was a "motor"-bike...Literally, a motor-bike. As I was admiring the sweet machine the owner of the bicycle came out of the hotel. He said he built the motor-bike himself. He explained that old age had not been kind to his knees and he couldn't stand not riding his bicycle. Although he doesn't peddle as much as he once did...He still is able to spend lots of time as his bicycle. Very cool.

No comments: