Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Rocky Mountain National Park: Misc.

Liz and I had a great time in Rocky Mountain National Park during a 6 day visit in August 2011. In previous and future posts I organized some other photos into specific categories. We loved this photos but couldn't fit them in another category. So, the RMNP: Miscellaneous category was born.


This bird was hilarious! For 10 minutes it literally ate nuts out of my hand while I sat in the drivers seat of our vehicle. He liked Liz and I so much that when we began driving away he stayed on the drivers side mirror for almost a half mile.



At home I'm at war with the local chipmunks on a daily basis during the summer months. Out West, I always call a truce. Live and let live.
While hiking, this elk scared the heck out of us. While walking up a trail and talking, all of a sudden we look up and 10 feet away the elk was standing and staring at us. I first I thought it was a bear. I let out a loud combination of Whoa! and a scream. The elk simply looked at us for a few seconds more and continued eating the green grass.













Mommy Moose and baby moose




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same species of bird land on my driver's mirror at the RMNP today. Fed him out of my hand. I wonder if it was the same bird since all of the others, while friendly, stayed away from the vehicles. https://sphotos-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1233544_10202013646929160_145459508_n.jpg