Saturday, January 05, 2013

Fly-fishing on the Tongue River: August 2012

August 2012 was my second trip to the Tongue River located near Burgess Junction, WY. I fished two portions of the river. The first was a mile hike down into a valley from the point where the picture below was taken.


The picture below was taken from the same spot as the picture above but looking up the valley as I was trekking back up from a long day of dominating the local trout population. There was a forest fire about a mile from where I was standing. That is smoke blowing over the sun.



~ brown trout ~

The Tongue River is very peaceful. I fished this portion of the river for 8 hours. I was the only person on the river all day.

Along the river is a path lined with green foliage and wild-flowers.
~ rainbow trout ~

~ red moss on rocks ~

The second portion of the river has less trees but is just as beautiful. In this picture are 2 moose. As I was fishing the moose crossed the river.

The Tongue River isn't very wide, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hold lots of fish. On this day I caught well over 100 trout.

~ cut throat trout ~

No comments: