Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BIG RED

Earlier this Spring I purchased a new bicycle. After months of research and loss of sleep I decided on a Co-Motion Americano. I wanted to get a few miles under my belt before posting a blog entry regarding my new ride.

After nearly 2000 miles pedaled...it is safe to say that I love my new co-motion. The bike rides smooth and is very solid over rough roads and crushed lime-stone. My co-motion begs to be pedaled up hills. The crank is very strong and the gearing is very exact. Last Friday I completed my first century ride of the year. My route was northbound and I fought a strong head-wind coming out of the northwest. With the drop handlebars, an aspect that is new to me, I was able to cut through the wind somewhat easily. I look forward to experiencing many adventures with my Americano.

I've named the bike...BIG RED. The bicycle rides "big" and is dark red...Not to mention, I've always had a soft spot for red heads...BIG RED.

Co-Motion Bicycles are made in Eugene, OR.

THE MULE is officially retired. I estimate the THE MULE has between 45000 and 50000 miles on her. She was ridden hard and put away well worked. THE MULE...rest well my friend...rest well.

No comments: